Refereed Journal Articles
- Baran, E., Uygun, E., & Altan, T. (2016). Examining Preservice Teachers’ Criteria for Evaluating Educational Mobile Apps. Journal of Educational Computing Research.
- Baran, E., Cilsalar, H., & Mesutoglu, M. (In press). Investigating the preservice teachers’ knowledge sources for classroom management: A case study. Kastamonu Egitim Dergisi [Kastamonu Journal of Education].
- Baran, E. (2016). Examining the Benefits of a Faculty Technology Mentoring Program on Graduate Students’ Professional Development. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 32(3), 95-104.
- Baran, E., & Uygun, E. (2016). Putting technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge (TPACK) in action: An integrated TPACK-design-based learning (DBL) approach. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 32(2), 47-63.
- Baran, E. (2016). Investigating Faculty Technology Mentoring as a Professional Development Model: A Case Study. Journal of Computing in Higher Education, 28, 45–71.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Mesutoglu, C., & Ocak, C. (2016). Moving STEM beyond schools: Students’ perceptions about an out-of-school STEM education program. International Journal of Education in Mathematics, Science and Technology, 4(1), 9-19.
- Albayrak Sarı, A., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., Baran, E., & Ozbay, U. (2016). Farklı branşlardaki öğretmenlerin teknolojik pedagojik alan bilgisi (TPAB) yeterlikleri ile bilgi ve iletişim teknolojilerine yönelik tutumları arasındaki ilişkinin incelenmesi [Investigating the relationship between teachers’ technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) competencies and attitudes towards information and communication technologies]. Egitim Teknolojisi Kuram ve Uygulama [Educational Technology Theory and Application], 6(1), 1–21.
- Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., & Mesutoglu, C. (2015). Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Public Service Announcement (PSA) Development Activity. Journal of Inquiry Based Activities, 5(2), 60–69.
- Canbazoglu Bilici, S, & Baran, E. (2015). The investigation of science teachers’ self-efficacy levels towards technological pedagogical content knowledge: A longitudinal study.Journal of Gazi Education Faculty, 35(2), 285–306.
- Baran, E. & Canbazoglu Bilici, S. (2015). A Review of the Research on Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Case of Turkey. Hacettepe University Journal of Education, 30(1), 15-32.
- Baran, E. (2014). A review of research on mobile learning in teacher education. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 17(4), 17–32.
- Baran E., & Correia A. P. (2014). A professional development framework for online teaching. TechTrends, 58(5), 96–102.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P., & Thompson, A. (2013). Tracing successful online teaching in higher education: Voices of exemplary online teachers. Teachers College Record, 115(3). 1–41. AECT Division of Distance Learning Best Journal Article Award!
A vialogue of this paper can be viewed at The Voice.
- Baran, E. (2013). Connect, participate and learn: Transforming pedagogies in higher education. IEEE Bulletin of the Technical Committee on Learning Technology, 15(1), 9–12.
- Baran, E., Correia, A. P., & Thompson, A. (2011). Transforming online teaching practice: Critical analysis of the literature on the roles and competencies of online teachers. Distance Education, 32(3), 421–439.
- Baran, E., Hsueh-Hua C., & Thompson, A. (2011). TPACK: An emerging research and development tool for teacher educators. Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 10(4). 370–377.
- Correia, A. P., & Baran, E. (2010). Lessons learned on facilitating asynchronous discussions for online learning. Educação, Formação & Tecnologias, 3(1), 59–67.
- Baran E., & Correia, A. P. (2009). Student-led facilitation strategies in online discussions. Distance Education, 30(1), 339–361.
- Schmidt, D. A., Baran E., Thompson A. D., Koehler, M. J., Mishra, P., & Shin, T. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123–149.
- Karpova, E., Correia, A. P., & Baran E. (2009). Learn to use and use to learn: Technology in virtual collaboration experience. The Internet and Higher Education, 12(1), 45–52.
|Baran, E., Canbazoglu Bilici, S., & Uygun, E. (2016). Investigating the impact of a Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK)-based professional development program on science teachers’ TPACK. In M. C. Herring, M. J. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.),Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK) for educators 2nd ed.(pp. 271-283). Routledge: New York and London.|
|Baran, E., & Khan, S. (2014). Going mobile – Science teacher candidates evaluating mobile apps. In C. Miller & A. Doering (Eds), The New Landscape of Mobile Learning: Redesigning Education in an App-based World.|
|Baran, E., Correia, A. P., & Thompson, A. (2012). Paths to exemplary online teaching: A look at teacher roles, competencies and exemplary online teaching. In T. J. Bastiaens, & G .H. Marks (Eds.), 2012. Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers (pp. 229-236). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.|
|Baran, E. (2013). Öğretim teknojilerinde yeni eğilimler ve yaklaşımlar. In K. Çağıltay & Y. Göktaş (Eds), Öğretim Teknolojisinin Temelleri: Teoriler, Araştırmalar, Eğilimler (pp. 567-581). Ankara: PEGEM. (New Trends in Instructional Technologies at the Turkish Handbook of Instructional Technologies)|
Completed Dissertations and Theses
- Erdem Uygun (2013). Learning by Design: An Integrated Approach for Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge Development. Masters thesis completed at METU.